- This event has passed.
Alien Ant Farm, with special guest Don’t Panic
September 29, 2022 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Alien Ant Farm is an American rock band that formed in Riverside, California in 1996. They have released five studio albums and sold over 5 million units worldwide. The band’s cover of Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal” topped the Billboard Alternative songs charts in 2001, and was featured in the film American Pie 2.
They released their debut album Greatest Hits independently in 1999, then signed to DreamWorks Records in 2000. Their second album ANThology was released in 2001 and has been certified platinum by the RIAA, selling over one million copies and reaching number 11 on the Billboard 200. Following up that was their third album, TruANT, released in 2003. The album was produced by brothers Robert and Dean DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots, and made it to number 42 on the Billboard 200. In 2005 the band recorded their next album 3rd Draft, however its release was denied by the label after Geffen bought out DreamWorks. It was eventually released in 2006 as Up in the Attic, charting at number 114 on the Billboard 200. After several years of sporadic touring, the band’s fifth studio album Always and Forever was released in February 2015.
Alien Ant Farm’s name comes from guitarist Terry Corso’s daydream about planet seeding by entities from other dimensions.
- The band cites alt-rockers Primus and Faith No More as influences, as well as prog-rockers Electric Light Orchestra and Supertramp.
- In 2001, their cover of Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal” hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Modern Rock Tracks chart.
- In 2003, they crashed the BET Awards preshow by playing a live rooftop gig at a building across the street—a performance documented in their video for “These Days.”
- While the band was on hiatus between 2007 and 2010, original bassist Tye Zamora earned a degree in film scoring from Berklee College of Music.
- In 2011, they performed with such artists as Beyoncé, Smokey Robinson, and CeeLo Green at Michael Forever – The Tribute Concert.
- Rolling Stone named AAF’s version of “Smooth Criminal” one of “the 10 best covers of Michael Jackson’s songs.”
Absolutely no refunds unless the performance is permanently canceled.
For this performance, proof of vaccination or a negative PCR COVID test will not be required for entry into the venue. Face masks are not required, but they are recommended to be worn in the theater. This policy is subject to change. Please check individual shows as our policies may change depending on additional mandates from the artist’s touring manager. If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, please stay home. We welcome you to join us again in the future.