The Wall Street Theater (WST) is the first next-generation performance space in Connecticut to provide theater enthusiasts live shows, interactive entertainment, digital productions, art space, state-of-the-art digital streaming technology and a community arena in which to play.
Refurbishment of this national historic landmark at 71 Wall Street in Norwalk, most recently the Globe Theater, is an integral part of the greater re-development of the Wall Street area.
Entertain. Enrich. Educate. The Wall Street Theater is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide diverse programming and promote arts education, thereby enriching the cultural life of Norwalk and greater Fairfield County.
To support our mission, the theater shall:
- Offer a variety of high-quality professional music, comedic and stage performances
- Provide educational opportunities for children and adults to develop talents in the performing arts
- Contribute to the economic viability of downtown Norwalk, as a cultural asset
- Enhance the historic preservation of Norwalk
- Uphold the standards of its audiences and maintain fiscally sound management
Theater and music offer a gateway to new worlds of experience, emotion and knowledge. The WST features world-class production, capable of catering to the highest-level of national and international touring productions.
- Musical theater and plays
- Variety shows
- Rock/pop/jazz concerts
- Children’s performers
- Classical music and opera
Classes and workshops are one of the best ways to directly engage people in the arts. Classes at the theater for adults and children offer personal enrichment and an opportunity for self-expression.
- Music instrument instruction
- Theater and drama master classes
- Choral and voice lessons
- Visual arts classes and workshops
- Ballroom/traditional dance
There are countless positive effects that can be attributed to arts program participation by those youth who are economically disadvantaged. These include increases in test scores and high school graduation rates, as well as college enrollment, career development and workplace achievement. The WST’s programing will help to compliment the resources available in the Norwalk school system and the critical need to educate children in the arts.
- Mentoring programs for at risk-youth in the arts
- School system utilization for music and drama programs
- Space for local emerging artists to develop their work
- Community oriented lectures, discussions, and short performances
While there are many traditional function spaces in Fairfield County, historic aspects of the WST, combined with its cutting edge technology and the elegant décor, provides a unique and memorable venue for any occasion.
- Weddings, private dinners and receptions
- Business meetings – from conference rooms to the 700 seat theater
- Community meetings